Monday, September 24, 2012

Coming Home

You know that song by Green Day "Wake Me Up When September Ends." Has that writer ever experienced the month of September? UM HI WAKE UP AND ENJOY ONE OF THE BEST MONTHS OF THE YEAR. September brings football season into full swing along with chilly weather and Homecoming Week at school. Life could not be any more enjoyable right now. 

Oh and did I mention that MY FAMILY IS GETTING A HEDGE HOG FOR CHRISTMAS? Kind of irrelevant but really exciting, so get excited you guys.

This past week was Homecoming week. One of my most favorite games of the season. We killed Carbon 56-0! After every victory on the home field, our student section, cheer and drill teams make a tunnel down to our victory bell at the end of the field. We cheer as they lift up a player to ring the victory bell and they light off fireworks. That is one of my favorite parts of the night and it being my senior year I thought I would video it.

For those of you who won't ever experience being a Don, please enjoy my poor quality clip of the ringing of the victory bell.




I love football games more than anything. The highlight of my week is going to every game. Since our region has changed, most of our opponents are about 45 minutes away. Nothing makes me happier than getting dressed up for a game, grabbing some of my best friends and driving to an away game. As much as I enjoy a good BYU/U of U rivalry, or the replacement refs making the NFL exciting.. Nothing will ever replace my love for high school football.

It's crazy to me that it's my senior year and every week I have less and less football games to be at, cheering at the front of the student section. I may or may not get emotional about that. But I know that I'll always being coming home to sit on the bleachers and watches those boys play their hearts out. There is something about watching the sport of football that makes me feel almost a patriotism for my school.

I hope you all enjoy football season this year. I hope our team plays in Rice Eccles again. I hope I lose my voice at the game this Friday. And I hope I'll see my classmates coming home to sit in the bleachers for years to come watching our friends and family play under the lights.

XOXOXOXO,

ella



1 comment:

  1. You guys' victory bell is so sick. I want our school to have cool traditions like that. Also you should blog more often.

    ReplyDelete